2005-02-15

True Love Is Forever

Here's an romantic story for Valentines Day:
Gay penguins won't go straight
Ananova

A German zoo's plans to tempt its gay penguins to go straight by importing more females has been declared a failure.

The female penguins were flown in especially from Sweden in an effort to encourage the Humboldt penguins at the Bremerhaven Zoo to reproduce.

But the six homosexual penguins showed no interest in their new female companions and remained faithful to each other.

Zoo Director Heike Kueck said: "The relationships were apparently too strong."

A keeper confirmed that the male couples had adopted rocks which they were guarding like eggs in their caves.

The zoo has said that it will try again in Spring 2006, because the penguins are an endangered species and need to be encouraged to breed.
I guess I should amend my statement: True love is forever or until your species goes extinct.

2 comments:

Dave Gerlits said...

James, I know this doesn't have anything to do with penguins, but I wanted to give you a reply about The Gilmore Girls.

The WB has already released Seasons One and Two of The Gilmore Girls on DVD. My wife and I both love the show, and she's bought me both of them.

They have them available on Amazon. Just type in Gilmore Girls, and you'll see.

H James Lucas said...

Ah, yes, thank you Dave, if you see this. I have seen the first three-and-a-half seasons, so I've still got a while before the DVDs catch up to me.

+