2005-02-13

End Of A Long Day / Since 1858

All in all, its been a good day since the sun rose at 6:59. I mailed financial aid materials to Columbia University during shortly after the post office opened at 9:00. I then met up with Sarah, and we walked to College Library so that I could return the DVDs I watched last night. Before returning we stopped at Espresso Royal for mint hot chocolate, at the Community Pharmacy for some Tom's of Maine toothpaste (for me), and at a variety of places in a vain search for decorative feathers (for Sarah). This evening, while I was on an unncessary search for a misplaced sock, I got into the elevator with some 9th-floor guys carying four 24-packs of beer. About five minutes, when I was hanging out with Evan and Sarah a beer started to sound really good. I asked Evan if he had any beer, and Evan said he didn't, but that a beer did sound really good, and Sarah agreed. So I wandered down the hall and bargined with one of the kids from the elevator for two Brew City Lagers and a Brew City Ice. Evan was kind enough to buy, saying that my short expedition for the common cause earned me my can. The lager I tried probably was probably worth about the 67 cents Evan paid, but it sure hit the spot. (The City Brewery of La Crosse, Wisconsin was founded in 1858.)

1 comment:

H James Lucas said...

Dearest Megan,

Tom's of Maine is a small, environmentally responsible company that makes a variety of personal care products. I learned of the brand when I was living in Massachusetts. (Marget was a loyal user of their toothpaste if I remember correctly.) I bought peppermint flavored "natural anticavity baking soda fluoride toothpaste;" I've found that it is mild in flavor and leaves my mouth feeling quite clean.

Yours,
James

PS. I have updated the post to include a link to the company's official site.

+