2005-03-13

Since 1985

Sarah began her third decade today, and her parents came to town to celebrate. They were kind enough to include me in the major event of the day which was lunch at Hawk's Bar & Grill. I had a Reuben and honey onion soup. The sandwich was quite good, and, while I don't think it will ever replace French onion, the soup was tasty too. I had met Sarah's mother briefly on my own birthday, but this was my first chance to get to talk to either one of them at any length. They seem to be very different people, and I think Sarah falls halfway in between them. I gave Sarah a copy of Bubba Ho-Tep to celebrate the occasion. I told her I'd be happy to swap it for something safer if she doesn't care to keep it, but I'm hoping that her love of both the grotesque and the underappreciated will allow her to enjoy this bizarre little film as much as I did.

No comments:

+