2005-03-04

East and west, north and south, and the far east

I found myself moving back and forth between campus and the Highlander with greater than average frequency today. I skipped math class to study for my James Joyce exam, which accounted for my first westward trip at 10:45 this morning. I stopped on my return trip for my weekly lunch at the Towers with Langdon Resident Director Ben Moss. I found myself westbound a couple hours later for my Post-Colonial Architecture lecture, then eastbound to call Ben to solidify our evening plans. Then I headed back west for a lecture of U.S./Cuba relations. The line for food after the lecture looked unpleasant and not at all worth the paltry offerings, so I popped across State Street to the Humanities building, where the Honors Student Organization was having pizza and a "movie," which turned out to be Seinfeld episodes. I ate quickly and bailed before the show could start, sped home, showered, met up with Ben at the Langdon, then headed west to Memorial Union where we saw Zatôichi, a Japanese flick that had almost as many non sequiturs as Shaolin Soccer. It was amazingly violent, utterly perplexing, and thoroughly entertaining. A final eastward trip brought me home to Highlander, where I've eaten more pizza. I will sleep well tonight.

No comments:

+