2005-03-07

Nickel-And-Diming For Peanuts

I have been an infrequent customer of the vending machine in the lounge this year. I've probably averaged one candybar each month, getting a Snickers about half the time and a Pearson's Salted Nut Roll the other half. Tonight I say "no more!" I went down and found that every 65¢ label has been carelessly covered with a 75¢ label. Considering the fact that the machine uses no electricity except when it is actually dispensing something and the amount of human labor required to keep it stocked is almost nothing compared to the amount of labor required to man the register at Walgreens, I see no good reason for Wright Vending to charge more than the corner drugstore. Obviously they think people will be willing to pay the extra 10¢; I'm going to do my part to prove them wrong.

No comments:

+