2005-03-14

Out

I learned of my acceptance to Syracuse ten days ago, and since then I've talked to a number of people about the school and the others to which I applied. People frequently ask me if I'm interested in going to Syracuse, which is an understandable question, since many people apply to schools in which they have little interest. I'm not one of those people. I've been telling those politely curious people that the only school to which I applied about which I'm not actually enthusiastic is Princeton. It is a good school, and I've heard they have some of the best scholarships, but it never felt right. My two major issues with Princeton have been that [1] I think their elitist mentality surpasses both Harvard and Yale and [2] I really don't want to live in New Jersey. Given this, I'm not too distraught by the "bad" news I received a few minutes ago.

"I regret that you will not be joining us at Princeton," Dean William B. Russell told me in an email. They would, however "be more than pleased to provide a properly formatted" paper-and-ink letter of rejection; I need only call and request it. I refer you to reason [1].

No comments:

+