2005-03-05

In

Today was a day of good news.

I've been accepted to the Syracuse University School of Architecture. I've joked with people, that Syracuse has been my "safety school," and truthfully I have considered it to be my best chance, but I'm still extraordinarily happy. It's a fine school, and I'll be quite satisfied if I do end up there.

Also, I managed to snag one ticket to the Nine Inch Nails show in Chicago on 6 May. (I had been trying for two tickets so that I could go with Eric Rogers, who's kindly agreed to put me up for the night, but the competition on Ticketmaster.com proved too fierce. Perhaps we can find a ticket for him that night, since he only risks a forty-minute trip instead of a four-hour busride.) I'm quite excited about this show; I've heard NIN shows are quite spectacular, and I'm almost as excited about the support act, the Dresden Dolls, who have been earning quite a bit of attention in music circles lately. The ticket price was only $30.00, but I ultimately paid $45.58 after all the fees. I was hesitant about spending the money with grad school just around the corner, but I strongly suspect that I'll view this as money well spent twenty years from now, and I can't imagine a more tempting concert than this.

No comments:

+