2004-09-24

Dark Side of the Rainbow

Last night I watched the first loop of Dark Side of the Rainbow, which is, of course, the MGM Studios film The Wizard of Oz with Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon replacing the normal soundtrack. It also happened to be my first time listening to the album, which I enjoyed in its own right as well as in conjunction with the picture.

Actually, I think I enjoyed that method of viewing the film more than the "straight-up" version. I know my opinion of the film isn't very popular (and for that reason I rarely voice it), but I just don't like the film version of The Wizard of Oz. I have long felt that the book is far superior. I feel the same way about One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, which won the Oscar for best picture, but I don't think anyone gets as upset when they discover that I dislike that movie. And Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone...well yes, people do get upset when they discover my feeling about that movie, but...whatever.

No comments:

+