2004-09-16

6

What a day: I had six classes for a total of 395 minutes in class. This schedule included my first Russian History discussion and a STS course on Adobe InDesign. Professor McDonald called my name during attendance with perfect pronunciation of 'Hepokoski.' I expected this, but it pleased me nonetheless. I'm pretty used to having people either botch up my last name ('Heposki' and 'Hepokowski' are the two common attempts) or freeze completely. I've gotten in the habit of using my middle name whenever possible to help the situation. For instance, on the Othello trip they were calling attendance on a noisy bus. Going there, I heard "James Lucasssssss Uhhhhh..." before I cut her off with a "here." Coming back, I was simply "James Lucas," which suits me fine. Three syllables are usually enough to tell that it's my name being called, and the absense of the last four saves others much stress.

No comments:

+