2004-10-24

Meg Slekt

I met up with my family for a final morning of breakfast and cards. I paid my first visit to an IHOP, and found it to be similar but superior to a Perkins. After we said our goodbyes and Dad dropped me off at the Highlander, I met up with my classmate Nat and we headed off to Kohler Art Library to kick off our research for papers we're writing for Italian Art of the Twentieth Century. Mine will be on The New York Times Building that was designed by Renzo Piano Building Workshop and is currently under construction on 8th Avenue. I am very impressed with this architect's work and equally in admiration of the way his workshop is organized to fully utilize all of its human resources. Could RPBW perhaps be a future employer? After I returned from the library I ate the piece of sour cream raspberry pie my parents picked up from the Norske Nook on their way here. I'm not sure if there's anything truly Norwegian about that pie, but it sure is as good as the rest of their cookin'. It was a nice encore to the weekend of good meals with the folks.

No comments:

+