2007-09-02

A party spanning two circuses

Today was the annual Regent Street Festival, the theme being 'An Indian Summer.' Syracuse has festivals of a similar ilk around this time of year, but I think this one saw more people than Syracuse contains. As we walked from Oxford Circus to Piccadilly Circus I counted four simultaneous music performance, including one that taught the audience to dance along and one that had mimes on stage beside the performers.

The other attraction was, of course, the food, which was supplied by marsala zone. Chris, Beth, and I all went for wonderful vegetarian samosas. Only I was there to eat a full meal, so the ladies had another appetizer while I dug into a serving of curried chicken and rice. The mango lassies had, alas, sold out for the day, so I kept the heat at bay with a Cobra, which was at least sufficient, if not anything spectacular.

I feel like I'm conveying too little of the experience, but to be satisfactorily successful I'm sure I would have to share the wonderful tabla piece that was pounding through the air as we ate. It was the necessary touch of the exotic that made the experience remarkable.

No comments:

+