2007-09-09

Oh, it's all very British

I've got to say, Londoners just aren't as brash as I was hoping. I know the Sex Pistols are decades gone, but I still see Beefeater ads showing Londoners as a stylishly edgy lot, and the Spice Girls in Union Jack platform shoes were not that long ago.

Truthfully, this was not something I had consciously noticed until today, when I sat across from a lady who did live up to my expectations. Note if you can in this oh-so-small photo:
  1. four inches of height gained through hair gel alone
  2. green eye shadow
  3. think plastic glasses
  4. hoodie printed with the words BROWN BLONDE NEON in their respective colours
  5. ring with numerous sharp points
  6. watch the size of a Sony MiniDisc
  7. jeans with horizontal seams at the knees.
I noticed that she wasn't all that young either, so I wonder if this generation is just quieter. I certainly get that impression back stateside. But I'm not worried. Once it cools off, I'll break out my blaze orange Puscifer hoodie, and I'll have all the brashness I need.

No comments:

+