2007-08-28

The program begins

The Syracuse program began officially for me today. The remaining students arrived this morning, and I was issued my orange binder of information. We had the weekend off, so Chris and I scouted out an apartment that I thought held promise. We did indeed like it, but there were two setbacks that, when added together, proved to be more trouble than the place was worth. Our quest will continue tomorrow.

We had dinner in a banquet room in the hotel, and afterwards took a field trip with all of Syracuse University London to the British Airways London Eye. Feeling like we were being herded around a little too much, we set off for a distant part of town to meet our old classmate Nico. He and some friends were lounging on some nice leather couches in a cool little bar called Jaguar Shoes (or perhaps Dream Bags Jaguar Shoes). I had a great time talking to Gustav, who is from Lund, Sweden, where I spent time visiting Marget in 2004.

No comments:

+