2005-05-05

For Hitler...And Germany!

Sarah and I just returned from a highly enjoyable evening of singing, dancing, and swastikas, which is to say that we just returned from a production of Mel Brooks's Broadway hit The Producers. We were in row N of the third balcony, our backs to the wall and our eyes cast rather far downward. No, our seats weren't the best, but for the ten dollars I paid for each ticket, I can't complain. (The Honors Student Organization picked up the other 23.50 that comprised the group-rate price.) The musical isn't really my format, but this one was funny enough for me to forgive the long stretches of singing and dancing.

This week reminds me of the first week of May 2003, when I saw Ballet Hispanico on Friday 2 and Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds on Monday 5. Hopefully this week's second musical event, Nine Inch Nails and the Dresden Dolls, will be as enjoyable.

No comments:

+