2004-08-07

Since 1876

We had a final party to celebrate the end of this class. We all pinned up select pieces of our work in the basement and milled around eating hors d'oeuvres and drinking beer. I has heard there was to be wine, but beer was the drink. They had some seltzer water, but I figured that it might be time to see if I can't appreciate a beer. Since this was to be my first beer, I decided that I had to choose wisely. They had Corona, Bass, Sapporo, and two light beers that I didn't even consider. I ruled out Bass, since it was only somewhat familiar to me. Corona seems like a preppy beer; the choice for sorority girls everywhere; a product shadowed by its own advertising, like Tobasco but with less actual substance. So Sapporo it was. I drank the whole bottle over the course of about forty-five minutes, which I guess was a little too slow since it let the beer warm in my hand, but is was reasonably paletable, and pleasantly refreshing. I can see what Friar Tuck saw in beer. I can't really compare Sapporo to other beers (as it was my first), but I thought it was fine and that the lable described it quite accurately: "Crisp, clear, and refreshing, Sapporo Premium Beer has been made to the highest stadards of Japan's oldest brewery."

No comments:

+