2004-08-06

End

Today marked the end of my studio for this summer Intro to Architecture program. We had a final critique with a nice jury of four architects. One was German, one was Mexican, one was African-American, and one appeared to be your straight-up Caucasian American; all were quite helpful. The session ran over, stretching to a whopping five and a half hours and leaving me quite exhausted. I've still got a little bit of stuff tomorrow, but the class is over for the most part.

A celebrated the end with a shot of vodka and a relaxing shower. I ended up taking a shot because I popped into the room of a classmate to borrow some Tide when she, her roommate, and a friend were about to have some Absolut Citron. Not to leave me out of the festivities, they offered me a glass, and I accepted, having never consumed vodka before. I thought the drink was quite palatable. I don't really know how the Citron differs from regular Absolut, but as I've heard that Vodka is famous for being oderless and tasteless I'm assuming that the Citron can be no less "respectable" than the regular stuff in the way that drinking Bacardi Breezer isn't really the same as drinking rum. Any comments?

On my way back from the shower I heard very brief snippets of three phone conversations behind the doors I passed. Each voice was female.
Girl #1: "...and I was like..."
Girl #2: "...like, no, that's..."
Girl #3: "...like..."
We need to, like, break our country of this habit.

No comments:

+