2004-07-10

Reader Response: Outsourced

This morning, a disgruntled reader of my AIM personal profile wrote to me regarding the same paragraph that was posted under the headline "Outsourced" a few days ago. I'll change his name so I don't feel obligated to get his permission to post this here. This is from an AIM conversation written at about 03:41 am, reader's local time:

[Reader]: that thing you have between catholic priests and outsourcing...doesn't make sense
Auto response from JLHep: Sleeping between new sheets.
[Reader]: you might want to find some anti-cathl.]]\\
[Reader]: sorry, I'm drunk
[Reader]: you might want to find some anti-catholic/liberal propaganda that actually makes sense and makes people think...not just token liberal bullshit that doesn't really make any sense
[Reader]: and yes, I'm sober enough, so don't worry, I do want to hear your response to this...so hit me back when you're on next. night
[Reader]: serious, I'll talk to you later
[Reader]: gotta love the Pope

I wasn't trying to make a statement with this. I just thought it was a funny bit of news, since there's been a lot of to-do about tech jobs going to India. It's more of a "what's next?" issue than a rip on the Catholic church. I don't know what you mean when you say that the article "doesn't make sense," but do I agree that the outsourcing of praryers is a pretty poor reason to dislike the Catholic Church. (I maintain better reasons exist, but I don't think its pertainant to the argument.) Furthermore, I think it's silly to purport that Anti-Catholic propaganda is the same as "Liberal" propaganda, when the only Catholic president was a "liberal" president, and the current Democratic candidate for president is a Catholic.

2 comments:

H James Lucas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
H James Lucas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

+