2004-07-26

Bathroom Humor

Of the thirty or forty people on my hall, I know the names of five. These five are my RA, a girl from my studio and her roommate, and two people who live a couple doors down who seem to run on schedules similar to my own. Ben, the only guy in the bunch, and I seem to run on similar morning schedules. He's very often shaving just as I'm getting out of the shower, so we chat for a bit. We were discussing future careers this morning (he's interested in neuroscience), and I told him that I could very easily see myself enjoying my work in architecture. He had a good joke that told me I wasn't alone in my enthusiasm:
A doctor, a lawyer, and an architect were discussing the merits of having a wife or a mistress. The doctor favored having a wife because of the prestige that accompanies a strong marriage and a healthy, growing family. The lawyer knew that everyone already thought he was no good, so he figured that by enjoying the mystery and intrigue of a mistress, he would suffer no loss in image. The architect thought for a moment, and then announced that he would rather have both. The obvious advantage is that he could tell is wife he was with his mistress, tell is mistress he was with his wife, and then go work in his studio.
Then again, my money says that this joke is more often told with an engineer filling in for the architect.

No comments:

+