2006-02-05

Stowaway

Last night was the architecture school's Black & White Beaux Arts Ball, an event that brought in numerous undergraduates in evening gowns and fine suites, a smattering of faculty in pantsuites and sportcoats, and lump of graduate students in a rather casual array of black and white. I had no intention of attending owing to a lack of time and funds (admission was $18), but since I hadn't left the studio since getting lunch around noon I found myself on the inside of the warehouse without ever passing through proper admission. By chance I was wearing a white shirt, so my attire drew little attention. There was an open bar from 10 to 11, and since I didn't pay I didn't want to abuse it, but I also noted that the ball was impeding my passage to the bus, and I thought a complementary screwdriver would balance things out. I think my trespass was excusable, because not only was there very little Absolut in my drink, I can truthfully say that upon discovering my illicit presence the president of the Architectural Student Association pardoned me for it.

No comments:

+