2005-01-17

Back In The Madtown

My last week or so in Minnesota was quite cold, and today I confirmed that the phenomenon extends at least as far eastward as Madison. As a result, I've been constantly wearing the scarf that my dearest friend Claire made for my twentieth birthday. It's a beautiful thing, crocheted in long stripes of white, green, and charcoal yarn; with the fringe at both ends included its about two meters in length. I think fringe looks right on a scarf, but so far it's been quite a neuscence (and will be for couple more weeks, Claire warned me). Lint from the fringe has been getting everywhere. I was in the shower a couple mornings ago, having not touched the scarf for about ten hours. My hair was shampooed and I was soaping up when I felt somethng on my tongue in my closed mouth. What did I find? Some of the green. Later that day I was guarding at the pool and I felt something on my eyelashes. What did I find? Some of the white. Today looked down at my Cheerios. What did I find? Some of the charcoal.

No comments:

+