2005-01-07

Back In Action

We bought a copy of DOOM 3 for my Dad when Best Buy sold it for thirty dollars as an after-Christmas special, but it ended up sitting unopened until I completed the last of my graduate school applications. I haven't played it for more than 100 minutes or so, but I'm already very impressed. The atmosphere is chilling, and the simplicity of the weapons is refreshing. There are no alternate fire modes, which makes the gameplay manageable for my dad and sister haven't done too much gaming since DOOM II, which didn't involve looking up and down, but only left and right. I've played a few other games (primarily Counter-Strike and Jedi Knight II), so the three-dimensional environment is nothing unusual, but I'm appreciating having a single fire-mode since it allow me to focus on the more important process of switching back and forth between a gun and the oh-so-helpful flashlight. If you like computer games, I'm already sufficiently impressed with this one to recommend it, although I'd suggest waiting for a good deal.

No comments:

+