2005-11-12

Centro Confusion

It's homecoming weekend here at Syracuse University, which means that the campus is packed with hundreds of parents and alumni who don't know where they parked the car or which bus will take them to where they need to go. One woman in particular had no clue what she was doing. She boarded two buses clearly displaying "Not In Service" signs" before finally getting on my bus. She and her husband boarded though the rear door and sat down a seat away from me in the far back of the jam-packed bus before the woman told her husband that it'd be best if he went to the front to ask the driver if they were on the right bus. The general chaos and confusion both in and around the bus slowed my fifteen minute ride to a twenty-five minute ride. At one point I saw the bobbing head of a little boy on his dad's shoulders pass by my window moving faster than we were.

No comments:

+