2005-09-22

Bubblicious

Anne sent me some cool soaps, and waiting on my door step when I arrived home this this afternoon was the best smelling package I've ever received, bar none (if you'll excuse the pun). She included a cool print she made along with three bars, all of which I had named as top choices.

Two bars were NatureNate's herbal soaps: Orange Clove (which "has a very uplifting fragrance and lathers up great in the shower!") and Lavender, Rosemary, & Tea Tree with Oatmeal (which "is great after a stressful day, relaxing yet uplifting[...]with the mild exfoliating effects of ground oatmeal").

The third bar was made by Dahlem's Soapworks, and the scent is FarmGirl Clean (a "very fresh and tangy grapefruit scent"). I'm sure Anne took some small amount of pleasure from the fact that I selected a soap called "FarmGirl Clean;" she likes to make sure that her heterosexual white-boy friends (and I'm certainly one of them) remain devoted feminists.

2 comments:

NotQuiteJuneCleaver said...

WOW...I googled myself and look what I found! You have used my soap...very good of you! Hope you enjoyed it!!

Susan from
Dahlem's Soapworks

H James Lucas said...

I haven't actually gotten around to your soap yet - the Orange Clove seemed most appropriate for the autumn. I suspect I'll get around FarmGirl when we start seeing green again.

+